Time for an Instagram challenge. The jungel of social media can be difficult to get through! We cannot be everywhere. For my leadership and life blog, Facebook and LinkedIn are my main accounts! Nevertheless, lately I have fallen in love with Instagram.
My Instagram Challenge!
A month ago, I did not have that many followers on Instagram. At a meeting with my agency, they told the tough truth – Your Instagram account sucks! It is a mess! – Argh… I needed to step it up!
With a broken Instagram heart, I went home! The tough feedback gave me energy, and I challenged myself! I made a strategy and I am sticking to my plan!
The goal – 1000 followers before the end of May!
My old Instagram look!
This is what it used to look like. I just posted a picture now and then, used different filter, without much thought.
Top five Instagram advice!
I decided to learn from the best. I googled – How to be successful on Instragram? I read many good advices. I look on other accounts. I loved the advice from Huffington post, the Dailtekk and Forbes!
Finally, I decided to follow these five advices:
- Make a strategy and stick to it! I have decided to present two sides of my life on Instagram, leadership and sports! In addition to pictures, every second post is an inspirational quote.
- Instagram is all about about style! The Instagram account should look like a painting! Think about the next picture, when you post one today! All pictures should have the same look and size. If I use filters, I use the same!
- Hashtag! Choose hashtags that communicate your post, but not too many!
- Interact with others ! Relations are always important, also on social media! Like, comment and give others good accounts a shout out! My good friend Camilla, aka Treningsfrue, gave me a shout out to her 67.000! followers. Thanks! :*
- Follow your heart and have fun! 😀 This is my own advice! The moment you are untrue to your heart and posting increases your stress level, reconsider your strategy. One unexpected benefit from my challenge has been the fact that I need to take more pictures! I need to step up my photographer skills!
The new look!
First and most important, I am having a lot of fun. I love testing out new ideas. For Instagram, I am sharing a combination of inspirational quotes and pictures from my world as leader and work-out addict.
Before I started on my new strategy, I tested posting a big «instatile» picture. Nine pieces complete the sunset at Guincho beach, Portugal. Pretty cool!
Time to go for the new look. This is what it look likes today! A much cleaner look!
Please follow my Instagram (ceciliaflatum)! Help me get to 1000! Only 300 to go!
What is your best Instagram advice? Please, share it!
Have a great Sunday!
With Insta love