Looking ahead, one year feels like a long time. Looking back, it feels like one year ago was like yesterday. Days come and go, and boom! 365 days have passed. Are you realizing, that this is your life passing by?
Ask yourself – where do you see yourself in one year?
365 days and counting..
The one and only Steve Jobs said:
“I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: «If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?» And whenever the answer has been «No» for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
Have you ever done this? I advice you, to do it! Too many, let days pass on without taking any action. An even worse, are you one of those who complain about your career, your weight, your spouse! Stop whining!
If you want to meet the person, who can change your life. Have a look in the mirror!
My last 365 days
One year ago, I was at home with my half-year old twins. I met a colorful, smiling woman on the street. I just knew her briefly, but we had a chat. Why was she passing by our house? What was her new job, that she was so excited about?
The great Christina Fraas told me that she working for a newly established blog company. Our short conversation lasted for less than five minutes. But she made me curious. She made me start thinking. She made me start taking action!
A couple of weeks later, I found myself in a totally new territory. I was detailing my vision and plan for a leadership blog.
My dream was not new, but my dream would have stayed as dreams, if I didn’t take some action. I started to crawl and eventually walk. I set a goal. I made a plan. I was not in a hurry. I wanted to do things right, rather than doing it fast. The first steps are always the hardest. This are some of my steps!
1) I set some clear goals! Some are so crazy, I cannot even tell you. But I will share them, when we achieve them ;). Then I detailed a plan. A high level plan for the next 12 months. A more detailed for the nearest 3 months. Then three-five weekly activities the coming weeks!
2) I made a secret blog and started writing! I didn’t know if I liked blogging. 🙂
3) I started writing! 1, 2, 3 posts… This is post no. 101!
4) I went public! From Hawaii, on the other side of the world, I launched this blog on September 10 2015!
5) I searched new inspiration. You know, I love TED Talks.
6) I bought a camera. I test, try and learns from the pro bloggers!
7) I explored social media. I re-launched my Instagram account. These days, I am launching my SnapChap account! Please follow, if you like this blog! Username «ceciliaflatum»
8) I have to take a stand. I have to reflect. I have to be honest with myself! Hopefully, I become a better leader and person.
9) I have said Yes! – to new opportunities, one of them was the Iceland adventure!
10) I am an idealist. My blog is dedicated to young up-coming leaders and experienced leaders looking for inspiration.
Bottom line. I’m having fun! And I took some action! I felt that my life as a twin mother and a women with a business career was great, but not enough. I needed a project that was mine. My passion project!
I am ever so grateful for you taking time to read my blog posts. My readers are my biggest inspiration!
Stay tuned for tomorrow. I will share my best advice for you to take some action!
Love you all,
PS1 – Are you following my blog? You can subscribe by entering your e-mail at the bottom right of the web page!
PS2 – Who to follow on Snapchat business – add ceciliaflatum
Business plan 365